We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going with our 6 year old boy

florida
5 posts
Save Topic
Going with our 6 year old boy

What places are recommended to see and do-will be staying near Navy Pier. 5 days.Our son has to enjoy at least some of the places. Restaurants? He likes Italian. Recommendation to stay at Marriott Residence Inn on Dearborn near Hancock building or the other closer to Michigan Ave on Waltham?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,589 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going with our 6 year old boy

Take a look at www.metromix.com to see what's going on here during your visit. You can also do dining searches there and at www.chicagoreader.com.

If you do a search for kid friendly on this forum, the subject's been covered recently.

Kind of confused. You indicate that you're staying near Navy Pier. But you're asking for hotel recommendations.

Midland, MI
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going with our 6 year old boy

Lots of museums, they are all good...aquarium, natural history...the science and industry is about the best, but a half hour south of the loop.

There is a Hershey store up near the actual watertower, check it out on the web. It is in the first block off of Michigan, going west, on the left.

The zoo might make sense, we've never done that. We are usually there around New Years, so summer activities are not available. But just shopping up and down Michigan can be fun.

Also, our boys enjoyed going to the top of the Hancock Bldg and eating at the Cheesecake Factory underneath.

florida
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going with our 6 year old boy

I have 2 reservations- for Residence Inn-I think they are .5 mile apart, but one is reportedly new-the one on Dearborn near Hancock building. The other is northeast of that location -I was just wondering if 1 was better than the other.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going with our 6 year old boy

With a 6-year-old boy, you will want to do the Seadog river and lake boat tour. They leave from Navy Pier. They start with a river architecture tour then go out on the lake for a speedboat run.

Also, take the "L" whenever possible. An old friend of mine came last summer with his son (who was almost 6 at the time) and all he talks about is riding on the "L". We didn't even go anywhere in particular -- just rode the Brown Line up to Kimball and back.

5. Re: Going with our 6 year old boy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:19