We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

union station luggage

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
union station luggage

Hello from Scotland,

Have around a 7 hour daytime stopover Union Station, is there lockers or a left luggage facility where we could leave our wee overnight case while we catch a quick tour?

Thanks for any help

John

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: union station luggage

John, Will you have a roomette on the train or be traveling first class? My aunt had a short layover on a trip last year, and since she had a roomette on the train, she was entitled to use the Metropolitan Lounge at Union Station. The people at the desk were kind enough to keep her bag while we went out for lunch. I don't know if they normally do this for everyone. You may want to look at the Amtrak website and click Traveling with Amtrak - station amenities.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,033 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: union station luggage

There are no lockers in Union Station.

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: union station luggage

Hi Macg,

You will have a great time in Chicago! So much to see.

I copied this from the Amtrak Forum where a man had posted a walking tour and hopefully this information is correct.

""we arrived in Chicago, at 2:45 PM. Walking through Union Station, we purchased tickets for the Metra, and saw the machine selling CTA day-passes (which we had already obtained by mail). We stored our luggage in a locker at the Baggage Claim Area, for $9 per day. The locker required both a "secret code" and a fingerprint to open. [At other stations, we could often leave our luggage with the Baggage Office for a fee of $3 per bag. If bags are strapped together, they count as one.] We admired the Great Hall, then set out to begin our "SouthWalk". This was a scripted itinerary I had put together featuring the south half of the Loop, highlighting Public Art, Architecture old and new, and three of the six tallest buildings in Chicago.""

Hope this helps.

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: union station luggage

Thanks very much guys really helpful

Ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: union station luggage

We were just at Union Station to catch an Amtrak train, and we watched people use lockers while we waited on our train. So I would have to disagree with Dave, and say "yes" there are lockers to store a small travel bag. You may have to ask where they are at.

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: union station luggage

Thanks gorockets2, excellent!

7. Re: union station luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:21