We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
food

Husband really wants to be impressed with the "Chicago Style Pizza". Where do we go?

He also loves greek food. Any suggestions?

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
420 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food

Giordanos is our favorite.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food

Costa's in Greektown is a step above the others, IMO. Malnati's pizza is my family's favorite, but the deep dish is heavy for me.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,504 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food

Please do a search for pizza on this forum. You'll find that the subject's been covered before.

In Greektown - http://www.pegasuschicago.com/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food

Locals suggest Gino's, Giordano's, and Lou Malnati's. Other Chicago foods, not to miss are the Chicago Dogs, at I think it's called Hot Doug's, just above river north, a little west. And then you have to have the beef sandwich. Locals need to fill you in on it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
151 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food

Really surprised to see the Giordano's recommendations, as I think it's among the worst, but it's all just personal taste! I'm partial to Lou Malnati's for deep dish, but Gino's is not bad either.

For Greek, I second the suggestion of Costa's and would add Venus, also in Greektown, which is officially Cypriot cuisine but I'd be hard pressed to tell you the difference.

ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food

Thanks for suggestions, be there in 3weeks. Can't wait. We might hit the free concerts that weekend at Soilder Field. Are there good eats around that end?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,504 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food

Near SF:

Bongo Room

Eleven City Diner

Yolk

You can read reviews and do dining searches at www.chicagoreader.com

8. Re: food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:17