We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
697 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

I'm going to be in chicago with work for 3 days in February.

There are 8 of us that will have free time from approx 1-5 one afternoon. We will likely have to coordinate something to do together.

Can someone please tell me what there might be to do downtown for such a group?

I know there is shopping at the magnificent mile.

Anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,465 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

Take a look at the Chicago Overview section of this web site. It has a lot of information. Also check out www.explorechicago.org and www.metromix.com for ideas. Without knowing your specific interests, it's difficult to make suggestions.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

The Art Institute is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. There is something for everyone. Pam

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

I would visit the Art Institue,like Pam suggested and walk a block west to Exchequer on Wabash for really great pizza.Cab back.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

Plus, Art Institute is Free In February. Go in and roam!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

Re: Art Institute, fyi

Chicago - Free Admission to Art Institute & more In February

Every day in February, general admission to the Art Institute of Chicago will be free of charge and tickets to the Edvard Munch exhibition, which opens Sat 2/14, will be half price. Free February kicks off at noon Mon 2/2 with the Consuls General Concert Series, music and dance performances in Fullerton Hall. And for that ever-elusive poetry crowd, the Art Institute will be hosting a talk and reading by three-term U.S. poet laureate Robert Pinsky Thu 2/5 at 6 PM, also in Fullerton Hall.

6. Re: What to do during a free afternoon??? help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:18