We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report, April 8 to April 12

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
622 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report, April 8 to April 12

First, let me say that we LOVED Chicago !! It was a marvelous trip.

We arrived at O'hare wednesday April 8 at 12h30. We took a taxi (we were a group of 4 adults) to our B&B: Flemish House on Cedar Street. I will post a separated report for the accomodation but I can tell you already that it was a perfect stay.

After check-in we went to the Oak street beach and believe it or not we removed our shoes and walk in the warm sand. Oh WOW!!!!

In our 4 days stay, we do alot of shopping on Michigan, Wells, Oak and State (where we discover Anthropology boutique); we visit Lincoln Park, the zoo and the Hystory Museum, we visit Millenium and Grant Park, the Cultural center; we visit Navy Pier, sit in the sun and relax there; we had a drink at John Handcock Center and we walk the Loop, the Gold Coast and the Near North. We've been at Blue Chicago for a Blues evening. We have very good meals for dinner at Gino East Pizza (first time tasting deep dish pizza: a great experience!), at Bice Ristorante, at Cafe Iberico and at Bistro Zinc. For breakfast we were please at Bakery Corner, Original Pancake House and Tempo Cafe.

The weather was beautiful, maybe a little bit cold on friday but always sunny.

Thyank you for all the good advises from tripadvisor forum.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
293 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report, April 8 to April 12

I love Chicago and lived in the area nearly 40 years. I'm so glad you had a great time. You managed to do a lot in a short time.

Central, Illinois
Level Contributor
135 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report, April 8 to April 12

I would be greatly interested in hearing about The Flemish House, as I've been trying to convince Mrs. Davooda that we should try this B & B. It's in our fave neighborhood - Gold Coast - and the rates are reasonable, according to a friend who stays there all the time...

Your group really hit a lot of the high points but, as you may expect, there is A LOT more of Chicago to see and taste. Here's wishing you a speedy return!

DAvooda

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
622 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report, April 8 to April 12

Davooda, I just sent you a private message.

4. Re: Trip report, April 8 to April 12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:24