We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants/things to do

Hernando...
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants/things to do

My husband and I are leaving for Chicago on Wednesday. We are staying near Wrigley Field at the Majestic Hotel--doing the Cubs thing...We will be there for 5 days.

I have not been to Chicago since I was 14, and my husband has never been. What are the absolute must-sees? Also, I know about all the famous Chicago restaurants, but what about the ones in the Wrigley area? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,049 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants/things to do

www.explorechicago.org is a good site to research. Must sees are different for everyone. It depends on your particular interests.

www.chicagoreader.com has a great dining search tool. Read reviews and search by area, cuisine etc.

chicago
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants/things to do

You're in a fun neighborhood area. And tons of great restaurants.

I'd suggest Arco de Cuchilleros for tapas. Walk up Addison (west) and take a left on Halsted. It's a couple blocks.

Uncommon Ground, great food and music. Walk up Addison to Clark and turn right. It's about three or four blocks.

If you go left on Clark, you will see dozens of restaurants and bars, too. My favorites are Goose Island, El Hardin Cafe (not the restaurant) and John Barleycorn.

Then, more in the Belmont Street area: Jack's on Belmont and Halsted. Orange for breakfast on Clark and School. Anne Sather's for breakfast at Belmont near the el.

You're very close to Briar Street Theatre and Blue Man Group, which is a fun show. Also to Timeline Theatre which is showing The History Boys. Big hit for them.

As far as other things to see, if you like art at all, I'd check out the Art Institute and the Modern Wing. The architectural boat tour given by the Chicago Architecture Foundation is really great. You can get downtown on the Addison el (fast) or take a bus (scenic). One of the busses goes express from Belmont down Lake Shore Drive to downtown with minimal stops. Can't remember which number, but the folks at your hotel will know. Or someone from this board.

Also, you can take the 151 bus to the free Lincoln Park zoo (also pretty gardens and a big greenhouse) and the Chicago History Museum, which is really fun and interactive.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants/things to do

Hello Hernando,

I'm Brandon from Chicago Dine-Around! Welcome back to Chicago! In regards to Chicago restaurants, we offer a Progressive Dining tour of Chicago's finest restaurants. The tour offers a unique way to experience some of Chicago's finest restaurants, interact with others and see the city. Have fun in Chicago!!

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants/things to do

Hello Hernando,

I'm Brandon from Chicago Dine-Around! In regards to Chicago restaurants, we offer a Progressive Dining tour of Chicago's finest restaurants. The tour offers a unique way to experience some of Chicago's finest restaurants, interact with others and see the city. Have fun in Chicago!!

5. Re: restaurants/things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 06:17