We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fraudulent Spirit Airlines In-flight Service Charge

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
888 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fraudulent Spirit Airlines In-flight Service Charge

Just an FYI to watch your credit card charges carefully when flying Spirit Airlines. Was on Spirit airlines flight with scheduled departure of 3:55PM from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago, 7/17/09. They sunk to a new low in rudeness and disinterest with a 3 hour delay, as detailed in my emailed complaint quoted below. I was IRATE and vowed never to turn my credit card information over to them again. Purchased a bottle of water from airport vending machine (as noted correctly on my credit card statement). Got home to find a $3 "inflight service charge" on my credit card, compliments of Spirit. Can assure with 100% certainty that I did NOT turn over my credit card on that flight for a drink or snacks, due to my aforementioned purchase of water and vow! So how did they get my credit card number to make that charge? Yes, I know it's only $3, but how many times have they done this to me without me noticing it, and how many others are getting the same treatment?

Here are my complaints emailed to them. By the way, they do not make it easy to find a way to provide them with complaints!

Delayed 3hours. No email or voicemail notice. Boarding pass printed without notice of delay, human agent sent to security with no notice of delay. Friend called to tell me of delay while passing through security! Agent walked away from desk upon my approach. Had to follow her to another desk to ask for help. Missed birthday party, missed opportunity to spend 3 hours comfortably outside the Spirit terminal, why? Why would my friend know of delay from his computer, yet human Spirit staff made no effort to tell me of delay? Why no offer to place on another airline? Staff initially said no food/drink voucher, then sent me in circles to various desks looking for food/drink voucher. Delay was due to mechanical problem, not weather. Have been a loyal customer of Spirit, but will discontinue without some reasonable compensation. Have been a reasonable and polite customer. Would hope to receive same from Spirit airlines.

I see my credit card was charged $3.00 on flight from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago, 7/17/09, scheduled departure 3:55PM. I did not buy anything on that flight. I only asked for a glass of ice. I was not told of any charge, whatsoever. I did not surrender my credit card. Can you help? Thanks! I am disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,096 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fraudulent Spirit Airlines In-flight Service Charge

Another reason why I don't fly Spirit. The first reason is I don't want to become a Spirit.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fraudulent Spirit Airlines In-flight Service Charge

What can I expect from an airline that is worse than a Greyhound bus?

3. Re: Fraudulent Spirit Airlines In-flight Service Charge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 06:19