We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Overland Park Kansas
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Topic
Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

Hello,

We have abput an hour layover at Midway on Christmas Eve and then on the following Sunday. We are flying Southwest airlines and wanted to know if that airlines would be on the same concourse as it is a smaller airport. When we lived in Tulsa we got really spoiled because they were always at the same gate area. Also if we do have alittle time to spend there, what places can you recommend for a qucik bite or souvenirs.

Thank you.

bay66

Chicago
Level Contributor
826 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

Almost all SW flights are from Concourse B. In terms of food, most of the choices are in a common food court area, just inside of the security gate. Harray Caray's is good as are the burgers at Illinois Pub. In Concourse B, there is Miller's Pub, which has decent food as well. There is your typical fast food options like McDonald's as well as a few different types of fast food places that serve hotdogs, gyros, tacos, etc.

Chicago
Level Contributor
826 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

I take that back, after a quick check, there are a fair amount of SW flights that use Concourse A. Still, your best bet for food is the common area between the concourses, so it doesn't matter all that much.

I'm always flying to basically the same couple spots when I use SW, so I guess it would make sense that I'm always in Concourse B!

Overland Park Kansas
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

Thank you bruco72,

I would be flying to the Washington,Dullus airport. Have you ever flown there? Thank you flor the tips. When I have been to Chicago to see some ball games I have eeaten at Harry Carry's there. Is is the same place?

Is is very far from one concourse to the other. We flew into Paris last month and you needed to really "hoof it" or you could not get on the flight. One time they actually boraded the flight 45 minutes early! if you can believe that one. So much for getting souvenirs before that flight.

Thanks again for your help,

bay66

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

MDW is very easy to get around. It's a short walk between the three concourses. The food court is in a central area where the three concourses meet.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

Personally, I find the food at Midway Airport to be quite decent/varied *for* airline food.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

I really like the Potbelly Sandwich shop at Midway. It's a chain but I don't think you have them in Kansas. I would make a special stop there just to get their oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - they are the best.

7. Re: Southwest airlines at Midway Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2010, 06:20