We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday/Christmas Tea

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday/Christmas Tea

Looking for a really nice place to enjoy holiday tea with a girlfriend in December. I have been to the Drake and it was very nice but felt they rushed you out and was a bit unimpressed with the food. Can anyone make a recommendation? Four Seasons, Ritz, Penninsula, Atwater Cafe?

Thank you very much.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,723 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

All four on your list are fine.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

My daughter and I had tea at the Peninsula a few days before Christmas last year. She loved the peppermint soufflé and the wide selection of teas. It was expensive, $100 total, including tax and tip, but it was a fun afternoon. I’d advise making reservations in advance since it was crowded. We might try something else this year, so thanks for posting!

peninsula.com/Chicago/…default.aspx

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

We like the Four Seasons, although we don't go at the height of the holidays.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

consider doing the chocolate bar at the peninsula, its in the evening but the room is really pretty with the tree and lights

chicago
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

I have been to tea at both the Peninsula and Atwood. Peninsula's tea is very traditional and formal. The room is lovely. See if you can get a window table. I don't know if they do this every year, but they had a string trio playing during the holidays last year. Atwood is much less formal. The room is lovely too, but not as grand as the Peninsula. I also thought the food is more interesting at Atwood. A little less dainty, more unexpected. I'd choose Atwood myself, but it's all a matter of personal preference. They should have their holiday tea menu up soon, so you could check it out before committing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

I would suggest Russian Tea Time at 77 W. Adams by Orchestra Hall - Art Institute. You might like it better. http://www.russianteatime.com/

7. Re: Holiday/Christmas Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 05:17