We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Seeing Wicked November 3. Any recommendations for a restaurant within walking distance? We will be eating before the performance. I am considering the Atwood Cafe. Thanks

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,953 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Atwood is a good choice.

If you like seafood, Catch 35 is an option.

For Italian, Italian Village is nearby.

Petterino's for steak and seafood.

You can read reviews at www.metromix.com and www.chicagoreader.com

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Atwood Cafe is a good choice, it's within walking distance of the theater. I've eaten there 6 or 7 times and have never been disappointed.

Make sure you have reservations, it's not very big and is almost always crowded. You can get online reservations at www.opentable.com.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Thanks Dave 148 and LoveChicago for your replies. I will make those reservations for the Atwood and keep the other suggestion in mind.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Italian Village is very good. Love it!!!!!

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,971 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near the Ford Theater

NorthbrookTraveler, agree with Atwood Cafe. My other recommendations in the area are: Trattoria No. 10 (Italian), Golden Budha (Chinese steakhouse) and a little farther away, Russian Tea Time (Americanized Russian).

If you were looking for something only a short cab ride away, Aria (international fusion) is a wonderful place as well.

I'd check Metromix to see if any restaurants are having pre-theatre specials, though.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near the Ford Theater

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. We went to the Atwood Cafe and were very pleased with the food, service and ambiance. We also enjoyed Wicked. Thanks again.