We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tour in January

NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tour in January

First time to Chicago and wondering which bus tour is best in January. I realize weather might be a problem. Should I wait til my next trip, hopefully in warmer weather? Considering a 4 hr Grayline tour but a themed bus tour sounds fun too. I'd love to do a river tour but guessing that's out of the question. Thanks!

chicago
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tour in January

Greyline is fine and will give you a view of all the museums, wrigley field etc. I prefer the Chicago Architecture Foundation bus tours, tho. They don't hit every single one of the tourist highlights (I don't think they go to Wrigley, for example), but I think they're more interesting. The docents are super knowledgeable. The "Highlight by Bus" tour goes into a bunch of great neighborhoods and gives a good sense of Chicago history. I think even if you don't have a particular interest in architecture, they're still the best.

Whichever you chose...a bus tour in January isn't as pretty as one in June, but I still think it would still be interesting and give you a good view of the city.

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tour in January

We did the hop on and off double decker and trolley tour in November. It was freezing up on the top deck but okay downstairs and in the trolleys we swapped on to. Buses were every 30 mins rather than 15 mins in peak season. I think they also finished an hour earlier at 5pm. We only had one whole day in Chicago so it gave us a taster of architecture, where museum campus is and the shopping and theatre areas. It was $29 for a day for an adult but I think they do a three day ticket. I'd like to do it in warmer weather and also do a boat tour.

3. Re: Bus tour in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 06:19