We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel vs Wit Hotel?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel vs Wit Hotel?

I am attending a business function in Chicago and these two hotels are nearby. They have similar rates for the time I'll be traveling. After looking at the website, they both get good reviews and seem nice, but look very different from each other. Both look very reputable, but I'm wondering if anyone who knows both places might recommend one over the other? Thanks!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,469 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel vs Wit Hotel?

FWIW - the Wit is a newer property. If the price is similar, go with the one that appeals to you. Both are fine properties.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel vs Wit Hotel?

This is a broad generalization, the Renaissance is going for more of a traditional luxury ambiance, while the Wit is going for more of a hip/trendy/boutique vibe.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,200 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel vs Wit Hotel?

Stay at the Renaissance, but visit the rooftop bar at the Wit.

4. Re: Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel vs Wit Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 07:23