We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from the Loop to Oakridge Cemetery

ANTLER
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
getting from the Loop to Oakridge Cemetery

I am travelling to Chicago in a couple of weeks. How would i get from the Loop downtown out to the Oakridge Cemetery? My great grandparents and grandparents are buried there. Would it be safe to go to this cemetery to see their tombstones nowadays? Thanks for your help.

Chicago Architecture River Cruise
2,435 reviews
from US$43.68*
Chicago Crime and Mob Bus Tour
398 reviews
from US$37.95*
Skydeck Chicago Admission
580 reviews
from US$24.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
166 reviews
from US$75.00*
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,161 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from the Loop to Oakridge Cemetery

Via public transit - CTA blue line train to Forest Park. Transfer to CTA bus #17 towards Balmoral/Canterbury. Get off at Roosevelt Rd & Westchester. Walk from there to the cemetery. The area is safe. There's a trip planner tool on the homepage of www.transitchicago.com

ANTLER
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from the Loop to Oakridge Cemetery

Thanks for your response and help!

3. Re: getting from the Loop to Oakridge Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:16