We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Chicago report

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
weekend in Chicago report

We had a GREAT time in Chicago. After finding the condo we wnt walking around a bit and then just relaxed in the hotub/pool since it was way later than we thought it would be. But before that we at at Giordanos pizza place. It was the BEST!!!!

The next day we headed to Mag Mile for some chocolate at Hersheys and Ghiradelli, yummy!! Then we wondered around Millinium Park for a bit. Then it was off to get ready for the concert. The Bon Jovi concert!!! That was the highlite of our trip since two of our boys had never been to a concert before!! On SAturday we were going to go kayaking but the weather didint look very promising in the morning so we headed for the Shedd Aquarium and bought a membership so we can use it again next year when we come again. Loved the aquarium!! Next we walked to Navy Pier and 3 of our family members rode the ferris wheel. We ate down there but can't remember where. Then we headed toward the filming of Transformers. They were done filming for the evening but we did get to see the props and set.

When we go back we plan on going for a cubs VS Cardinals baseball game, and the rest wil ldepend on weather. WE still want to kayak, maybe do a tour....not sure. Our boys would not pay attention to the tour, I'm sure so I'm a little hesitant to pay that much for the tour when we can rent them for much cheaper. We saw a lot of people with them. We also want to do the segway tour, that would be more intereseting for them as far as tours go.

For everyone who gave me ideas and helped, thank you very much!!! Tripadvisor has always came thru for me for every trip!!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,589 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in Chicago report

Nice report. Thanks for posting.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend in Chicago report

Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing. Hurry back!

3. Re: weekend in Chicago report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 06:18