We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

Hello, Wondering if anyone has dealt with either of these two services and what your opinion is. Their prices are very close (A1 being just slightly higher). I will be taking a one-way trip from O'Hare to a suburb. Thank you for any info you might share!

-Dee

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53,244 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

I use American Taxi all the time. Never a problem.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

I formerly (when I traveled to the burbs more often) used American Taxi. Plus one to Dave's comment: American Taxi is dependable--never had a problem.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

Thank you both, sounds like American Taxi it is!

-Dee

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

I have had problems with American Taxi. It seems that they have a tendency to miss picks and not tell people that they are unable to accommodate them. I suppose that it must be fairly uncommon, but it seemed to happen with some frequency which resulted in me having to scramble to make alternative arrangements. I guess taking them from the airport you probably wouldn't run into this issue.

I used to use A1 Limo a long time ago (like 12 years ago). The only annoyance that I had with them is that some of their limos seemed to be a bit older and more worn-out than the other companies' limos. Things may be different now.

5. Re: American Taxi vs. A1-Limo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 07:18