We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

Please help!!!

I had a room reserved at The Fairmont for next week who e-mailed to tell me that they're overbooked and can't honor my reservation.

Can anyone recommend an available hotel ideally near The Cable Show or Downtown for the 13th to the 16th of June?

Many thanks in advance

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,469 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

Between Neocon and The Cable Show - at this point you'll need to stay in the suburbs. Hotwire isn't showing availability downtown for your dates. Did you check with your convention manager to see if they have any rooms left?

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,821 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

I'd call the Fairmont and get a manager on the phone. Go nuts. Let them go rebook someone else. If that doesn't work, Try Hotels.com for availability.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

Yeah, I agree about contacting the Fairmont. I've only seen this happen a few times and the hotel always found similar accommodations at another hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

Don't take this lying down. Contact the General Manager of the Fairmont. If they accepted a deposit from you then they agreed to house you. Let them find a COMPARABLE hotel.

5. Re: Urgent help!!! Hotel overbooked, cancelled my reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 04:15