We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

We are heading to Chicago for 1 night on route to a concert in Illinois the next night. We heard there are fireworks at Navy Pier that night. We will be staying at the Knickbocker hotel. Any other suggestions for things to do, good food, cheap beer, jazz bands?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,325 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

There's not much you can accomplish in one night. ...too bad you didn't plan on staying longer. You can do a little research on this forum: "Things to Do", "Tourism". You're hotel is at the top of Michigan Ave. and there ar too many of bars and restaurants within walking distance to single one or two out based on the information you give. Good food can range from a Chicago Hot Dog to Steak Diane depending on what pleases your palette. Blues clubs are more prevelant but Pops For Champagne and Andy's Jazz Club are within walking distancae of the Knickerbocker. For beer at a Chicago neighborhood bar downtown go to Pippin's on Rush St. behind the Park Hyatt.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

Thanks for the info. Yes I agree I wish we had more time. We have already decided that we will just have to come back for a 4 day weekend. I will check out your suggestions for clubs. Thanks again.

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

The John Hancock Observatory is open til 10pm I think. Or I hear there is some type of bar on the 94th floor where you still get a great view.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,710 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

The Signature Lounge on the 96th fl. www.signatureroom.com/Signature-Lounge/

Observatory's open 'til 11pm.

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

Thanks Dave, I was kinda close. ;o)

6. Re: Wed. July 27 1st Time Trip for 2 couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:19