We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Muskegon, MI
Level Contributor
28 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

Im going to a concert at the First Midwest Bank Ampitheater in Tinley park, and am looking for a decent place to stay. Since all I'm doing issleeping in the room, I'm not looking for anything over the top. Normally I like to stay at Holiday Inn, or Hyatt... But for this trip, budget is a consideration, so I'm currently looking at the Rd Roof Inn Lansing... Is that an ok option, or is there something better? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

Go to the Tinley Park Amphitheatre web site

livenation.com/First-Midwest-Bank-Amphitheat…

you will find "where to stay" information on their site.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

If it were me, I would be checking the cities of Bolingbrook, Joliet, Downers Grove or Naperville for one of those places you mentioned. they seem to be within reasonable distances to your venue.

DeKalb even.... or some of those cities up that way . If it's near the freeway your golden I would think, unless you don't want to drive too far AFTER the concert.................. :)

Edited: 25 July 2011, 17:23
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

There are several hotels closer to First Midwest, within a mile or two of the ampitheater: there is a Fairfield Inn, a La Quinta, and a Hampton Inn, among others. Try Googling "Tinley Park hotels", if you haven't already tried that. I can't speak to the Red Roof in Lansing.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

Play with the mapping tool at www.hotels.com to see your options and driving distances.

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

There are a few hotels right off 80 at Harlem blocks from the venue. I would absolutely not stay at the Red Roof in Lansing, it's a dump and the area isn't very good. If you wanted to start to drive back towards Michigan after the concert I would look at the hotels in Portage right off the expressway.

6. Re: Going to Ampitheater in Tinley park, where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 11:17