We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Weekend:)

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Weekend:)

My husband and I will be in Chicago December 1-4 for a long romantic weekend celebrating our 10th anniversary. We definitely want to do the Mag. Mile and maybe Navy Pier, but what are some quaint neighborhoods that would be nice for dinner and shopping that we could go to? Also, any recommendations for a romantic hotel (not more than $300 per night) and some nice places to eat. It will be our first time in Chicago, so anything goes!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

go to hotels.com and see which hotels are in your price range and then we can tell you the best one

what kind of food and how much do you want to spend?

there are lots of interesting neighborhoods but quaint, not really

i like the devon area, chinatown is fun, wicker park and bucktown are fun too

i guess astor street might be considered quaint

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,465 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

Bucktown-Wicker Park might be a good option along with Lincoln Park. Cruise around here for ideas. explorechicago.org/city/en/neighborhoods.html

Hotel rates will be on the high side - 55,000 attendee convention at McCormick Place - 11/27-12/2.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
616 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

Take a look at shopping on Armitage in Lincoln Park followed by dinner at Cafe Bernard or just behind it and the same kitchen Red Rooster. Other restaurant suggestions not too far away : Boka, Vinci, Trattoria Riccardo, Perennial Virant, Gemini Bistro.

ZB

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

I think Old Town is quaint. I also think a romantic dining spot is Table 52--it's in an old carriage house. Santorini's in greek town is nice as it has a big white fireplace. Also, if you like big red booths, velvet red drapery and chandliers, check out the Red Canary. It's a sultry spot for apps and drinks. And for romance, you may want to go to a nice B&B. Two Urns is very near downtown, near blue line and in a nice residential neighborhood but walking distance to the bustling wicker park shopping and eating area. www.twourns.com

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

Lincoln Square is also a good area and one that I would describe as quaint as long as you do not walk up and down Western that is. That weekend is the annual Christkindl market in Lincoln Square too. I think there is a suggested donation to enter but they have knick knack sellers (I do not really pay attention to the goods), food and apple cider, music, gemütlichkeit, etc. There are shops and restaurants along Lincoln Ave. Some that I think are good for a romantic night out: LM, Bistro Campange, Due Lire, and Spacca Napoli. For cheap eats, hit up a Thai place: Opart, Arroy, Royal or Spoon.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

I am a 40-year born and raised vet of Chicago that finally escaped the weather, so I will probably get a "raft" for this, but get out of Chicago proper if you really want quaint. Try walking/driving along the north shore thru Evanston, Wilmette....see the Bahai Temple, eat at Walker Bros., Kenilworth, the Ravines. Go to Long Grove. Try the Frank Lloyd Wright Tours in Oak Park just west of Chicago. Go to Lake Geneva. If that aint quaint enough for you, accept the fact that you are in the big city and just make your own quaint....enjoy!

Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

Thank you everyone:) We love greek food, so Santorini's sounds great, as does Table 52. And Chinatown. And I will definitely check into the bed and breakfast option. Thank you for all the ideas "outside" the big city also. I will definitely heed some advice.

Looking on Kayak.com, I am thinking either the Hilton or the Hard Rock Hotel. Anyone ever stayed here? A little pricey, but definitely want to splurge a little for our milestone anniversary:)

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,465 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

There are reviews of the Hilton and Hard Rock in the Chicago Hotels section of TA.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

I have stayed at Hard Rock. It was similar to the Paramount in NYC, very nice but a bit funky (as it should be) and lots of fun. Great location in Marina City.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Weekend:)

Lao beijing in chinatown is my favorite