We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

play off's

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
play off's

Hi,

i am going to be visiting Chicago in May and would really like to watch an American sport whilst i'm there if possible. I have seen baseball before and really enjoyed it but this time i was thinking ice hockey or basket ball. However i have noticed that the main season has ended by May :-( i've researched a bit more though and found that the play off's are usually in May and so was wondering how difficult it would be to get play off tickets? Hopefully Chicago will make them. Any help would be really appreciated or any info on any other sports that would be available at that time maybe.

Thank you in advance for your help with this,

Angela

Chicago
Level Contributor
826 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: play off's

Currently, it would appear likely that both the Bulls and Blackhawks will likely make the play-offs. Ticket prices can vary widely depending on what round it is, who they are playing, and what the status of the series is. For instance, a game 2 against the Nashville Predators will be cheaper than a game 7 against the hated Detroit Redwings.

First round games that aren't a series clinching game are typically cheapest (though game 1 is usually pretty pricy). Standing room tickets are an option at the United Center too.

If either team makes it into the conference finals or finals, those tickets will be very pricy.

Once you get into town, checkout craigslist and stub hub and see what tickets are going for as there won't be tickets available at the box office. Play-off schedules aren't made very far in advance. I highly recommed getting to a play-off game if you can, the atmosphere is incredible.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: play off's

The tickets are going to be expensive, Stubhub.

Com is a good place to look

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: play off's

The last hockey game is April 7 so by May if they are still in the playoffs it will the semifinals and tickets will be expensive. Basketball ends later but the tickets will still be expensive. I would guess $200 for bad seats.

Stubhub is a great place to get tickets but I have heard of people outside of the USA not being able to use it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
309 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: play off's

Another possibility (and the tickets would be cheaper I am sure) is the Chicago Wolves who are Pro Hockey but not quite the National Hockey League....it looks like their season ends mid-April so their playoffs would not quite be the finals when you are in town...they play in Rosemont at the Allstate Arena

http://www.chicagowolves.com/

uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: play off's

Thank you all for responding to me. I really appreciate the help and advice you have given me. The wolves sound like a great option if like you all say the prices would be really expensive for the others.I will look in to all of your suggestions. Thanks again x

6. Re: play off's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 10:18