We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Talbott vs Hotel Palomar

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
371 posts
281 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Talbott vs Hotel Palomar

I think I have narrowed down our search for a hotel for our trip to Chicago in May. I am tossing up between the Talbott or the Palomar and would appreciate any comments on these 2 hotels. We are looking for a smaller more boutique hotel rather than the larger hotels. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
The Talbott Hotel
The Talbott Hotel
3,270 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Boutique hotels in Chicago
The Talbott Hotel
The Talbott Hotel
#13 of 197 hotels in Chicago
Ace Hotel Chicago
Ace Hotel Chicago
#3 of 197 hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Talbott vs Hotel Palomar

If you want Georgian classic then choose the Talbott. If you want hip then choose the Palomar. If you want off the beaten track by about two blocks then the Talbott. If you want the middle of tourist central then choose the Palomar. If you want more towards the B&B experience then the Talbott. If you want modern hotel amenities and atmosphere then the Palomar. If you want Elm Tree lined streets choose the Talbott. If you want city-streetscape then the Palomar. Talbott = layed back. Palomar = happening.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 21:03
Mentioned in this post
The Talbott Hotel
The Talbott Hotel
3,270 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
371 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Talbott vs Hotel Palomar

Thank you so much, your reply has made it much easier to make our decision, I think we will go with the Talbott, it sounds perfect.

Mentioned in this post
The Talbott Hotel
The Talbott Hotel
3,270 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Talbott vs Hotel Palomar

i really liked the talbott--very cool; small but serviceable rooms--nice staff although I'd request an early room fix up if you like that. and AWESOME location!!

4. Re: Hotel Talbott vs Hotel Palomar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:15