We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torn between Sofitel and Palomar hotels...help!

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Torn between Sofitel and Palomar hotels...help!

I'm travelling with my husband from Ireland to Chicago in September to celebrate his 40th birthday. At the moment we like both the Sofitel and Palomer hotels. Can anyone help us choose? I like that the Sofitel is high rise with great views but the Palomer has some really great reviews on TA. Please help!!!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torn between Sofitel and Palomar hotels...help!

I'm visiting Chicago for the first time this June, and I got a good deal on the Palomar on Hotwire. So I haven't stayed there yet. But so far, I've joined the hotel's free loyalty program which should allow for some perks. I "liked" the Palomar on Facebook and got very nice feedback.

I had a terrific conversation with a clerk when I confirmed our reservation. He asked if there were any special things I wanted or needed and helped me figure out a complicated rental car logistics issue. (A nearby Enterprise company will pick us up at the Palomar at the end of our stay so we don't have to schlep to the airport to get a car for the second leg of our trip. But we can return our car to the airport when we leave.) Thanks to that clerk we'll save a lot of time (and money too).

Edited: 08 March 2012, 12:45
2. Re: Torn between Sofitel and Palomar hotels...help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:42