We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
115 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

There is a new off-site parking facility at Ohare - Blue Sky Parking. I used them for the first time last week and was very pleased. I have previously used Park and Jet which is just a block away. Their lot is always so full. Last time I couldn't even find a space so they said to just leave the car anywhere, and then the shuttle comes through the crowded lot with about an inch clearance. It was very scary. So this time I tried the new Blue Sky. Here you pull into a large barn so you can drop off your car and load into the waiting shuttle inside. They park the car for you for no extra charge. You can pay a little extra to park inside. Their rates are a bit lower plus they have a good coupon on their web site which they took with no problems or questions. On return, I called after picking up my bags and the shuttle showed up after a reasonable wait. When I got back to the garage, they had my car warmed up and waiting inside. I will definitely use Blue Sky again.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

Not sure where you were flying to but we love the park, sleep, fly option. Seems like our flights are always 6:00 A.M. so that means we have to be at the airport around 4:00 A.M. Pay for a nights stay and free parking...shuttle to and from the airport....can't beat that eihter.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

I agree, I LOVED using Blue Sky. Shuttle and service were outstanding, and price was reasonable!

S F
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

DO NOT PARK HERE. I came home with multiple, huge scratches that appeared to be from different incidents. I'm not talking one door ding, I'm talking about 4 foot long scratches and what looks like damage from someone scraping against a wall. When I contacted Blue Sky, they gave me multiple run-arounds- first they said to just email some pictures. When no one got back to me after that, I called again and someone named Benjamin assured me he would look in to it. He didn't. I called again, he told me he would check with management. He didn't. Finally I got them to admit they did not intend to do anything about it. Not only did they damage my car, they simply didn't care, and lied to me multiple times about what they intended to do to try to get me to forget about it. Take your car if you want to come home with significant damage, I guess.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

I agree that Blue Sky Parking is fantastic! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The facility and bus are squeaky clean. We have a small motorhome which we parked in an indoor very secure setting. We definitely will use them again!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

If you value your car, RUN!!!! They are not responsible for ANYTHING that happens.

I have used them multiple times, and the price and service is great. When I picked my car up Sunday, it was waiting for me running by the door. It also had a flat tire. I went into the office and didnt get much help other than a guy with a tire pump. That didnt even work so they sent a guy to come over with a floor jack to jack up the car.

I know, and most people who work with cars, each one has a jacking point for each tire, usually on the frame. This idiot went to shove the floor jack under the front bumper under the oil pan. I had to scream at him to stop or he would buy me a new car!!!! I was told he was their mechanic! That move could have cracked my engine block..

There was a huge dent and scrape in the rim, and it wasnt there when I dropped it off, as there was no salt or dirt on it, like 99% of the rim. I wanted to file a claim, and I was told by the manager to look at my ticket stub. ' the management shall not be responsible or liable for loss or damage to vehicles, accessories or the contents therof caused by fire, theft...... or any other cause whatsoever or assumes no liability of any kind'

I was told by the manager that if the roof falls on the car, they have no responsibility. He laughed and said they modeled their policy from the city....

I expected them not to be responsible for the contents, but when I hand someone my keys I expect some level of responsibility for the car. READ THE FINE PRINT!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,339 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

I don't think I've ever seen a parking lot that DOES take responsibility for damage to the car while in the lot. Everyone I've ever been at has a similar disclaimer.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

I agree on a self serve parking lot, but this is valet. The guy can basically get in your car and drive it into a wall and they are not liable.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,339 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

I don't know. Every valet I have ever used gives you a ticket as well, and the ticket has the same disclaimer on the back of it.

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
238 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

Used twice last year and loved it. Easy, cheap and pick up was quick. Highly recommend.

Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Sky Parking at Ohare

I think these guys are a bunch of crooks. So we get there at 4:00 - two hours later than the on-line registered time for our return and they charge me $2.00 each hour I was late. Granted it was just an additional $4.00 but traffic was backed up getting out of ORD, and had to go through three check points for customs after arriving from an international flight. Not to mention they were training a new shuttle drive who barely knew how to return to the garage - didn't know how to fight his way through traffice. Of course the excuse is "you will notice on our website that we charge a late fee". Its just a reason to tack on the additional per hour fees. BS!! So the plan should be to tell them you'll arrive at 11:59 PM. Oh ya, and I asked for a car wash which did not get done. And, as I'm leaving, you should have seem them zip through the garage driving like a maniac with the next car to be picked up. And to think I gave those two guys a $5.00 tip when delivering us back to the garage. Last time for me going to Blue Sky.