We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
150 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

I'll be touring the Robie House with a few family members on an upcoming Sunday. While I've driven around Hyde Park a few times and by the Robie House, I'm fairly unfamiliar with the restaurant offerings in the area.

We'll be looking for a laid back (read:we'll likely be in jeans) place within a reasonable walking distance that serves excellent food for lunch. A fun/funky/unique atmosphere would be the icing on the cake, but not a requirement.

Do you have a favorite restaurant in the area?

Thanks in advance!

Bobby's Bike Hike Chicago
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Walking Tours
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours
Segway Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Big Bus Chicago
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Bus Tours
Chicago
Level Contributor
8,231 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

I had a car and my elderly mother when I went to the Robie House, so I drove to the Nile, but I think it's in walking distance. But walk or drive, the Nile has some delicious Egyptian, middle eastern food. Yumzie.

http://nilerestaurantofhydepark.com/

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,201 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

Medici on 57th will work for you.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
150 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

Thank you both!

Flossmoor, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

The Nile is good, but it would be a bit of a hike from the Robie House -- 15-20 minutes. The Medici is probably the best of the three sit-down restaurants on that stretch of 57th. Z&H MarketCafe on 57th has some interesting sandwiches, but it's counter service and has limited seating.

5. Re: Restaurants within walking distance of the Robie House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 10:24