We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silversmith Hotel?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Silversmith Hotel?

My daughter and I are planning a girl's trip in late July and are looking for a hotel that is something different from the usual chain hotel . Our main goal is shopping on the Magnificent Mile as well as visiting the museums and we have no idea if the location of this hotel is suitable for that. We are first timers and totally unfamiliar with the city so any advice, info, personal experience with this hotel ( or any other recommendations) would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,561 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silversmith Hotel?

Silversmith is close to the MM area and has easy access to the Art Institute and Museum Campus. There are reviews in the Chicago Hotels section of TA.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silversmith Hotel?

Take a look at the James, MileNorth (formerly Affinia), Talbot. While further away from museums, very close to Mag Mile and more later in the day/night time activities

Bristol, TN
Level Contributor
349 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silversmith Hotel?

We are in Chicago now visiting and I would highly recommend the Amalfi. It is located in the center so we have been able to walk to every area we wanted to visit and the hotel is top notch. The silversmith may be fine but I ruled it out because we are light sleepers and the "L" goes directly by.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,321 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silversmith Hotel?

Is sofitel in your budget? Its a really cool building in a great neighborhood and a short walk to Michigan avenue

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
708 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silversmith Hotel?

IMHO the Silversmith has a great location. It is on a nice block of Wabash Avenue that has a number of historic storefronts, including some by Louis Sullivan. The L is right there and the red line subway is one block over at State Street.

6. Re: Silversmith Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:17