We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel to Wrigley

Worthington, OH
2 posts
Save Topic
Sofitel to Wrigley

Any suggestions on easiest way to get from the Sofitel to Wrigley Field and back for an afernoon middle of the week game? Bleacher seats any good ($40 per ticket online)? Thanks!

Chicago Sports Tour
3 reviews
from US$40.00*
Skydeck Chicago Admission
580 reviews
from US$24.00*
Chicago by Night Helicopter Tour
44 reviews
from US$149.00*
Chicago Grand Half-Day Tour
329 reviews
from US$48.00*
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,106 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

It's easy to get to the Friendly Confines from your hotel. Walk over to Chicago Ave & State St. Take the CTA Red Line train towards Howard St. Get off at Addison. You'll see Wrigley Field when you get off the train.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

Easiest and certainly best way would be to go to the nearby subway station at State and Chicago and take the Red Line subway North to the Addison stop. Wrigley's a couple blocks West.

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

The others told you about the L ride, so I will tell you about the bleachers.

First, Wrigley is a pretty small park, so the bleachers are actually a pretty good place to see the game.

That being said, especially during the summer, you are going to see much more or a party atmosphere there than in other areas.

When I was a kid and I wanted to see a baseball game, I tried to sit along the third base line.

When I was in college and later and I wanted to sit in the sun, drink a few beers, and check out women, I sat in the bleachers.

If you are under 30 and don't take the game that seriously, then the bleachers are a great place.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,106 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

Here's a seating chart with ticket prices:

…mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/ballpark/seating.jsp

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

What about after the game, that's what Im wondering about. Mad house? or alot of buses and trains to handle the crowds. Or should I plan to leave the game early or stay late ....... curious about that aspect of this adventure. I'm catching a game later in April.. thanks.

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

How serious are you about baseball?

A lot of people leave relatively early (6 of 7th) and head over to Murphy's Bleachers or Sluggers for a few beers. Murphy's is directly across from the center field bleachers. Otherwise (if you leave at the end of the game) it can be a wait getting out of there. It moves O.K. though.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

Ok thanks!! going to a Monday Night game, so might not be full. Dunno!!! Just gonna have to try it tho!! LOL!!!

Downtown Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

Regarding the after-game crowds, it can be especially crowded on the Addison L platform and on the Red Line right after a Cubs game (and, as you would expect, with several of your fellow passengers somewhat less than sober). With kids in tow, while I'd recommend the L to go up to the game, you may want to take a taxi back down to the Sofitel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sofitel to Wrigley

one other option worth mentioning from the Cubs website (…mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/ballpark/metra.jsp)

Now there's another new way to get to Wrigley Field! Catch a ride on one of the two new double-decker bus services to and from the Friendly Confines.

One service runs from downtown Chicago and the second runs from the Metra station at Lawrence/Ravenswood. Service is operated for all night and weekend games. The downtown shuttle stops at The Chicago Hilton and Towers, Tribune Tower and the old Water Tower.

The shuttle is subsidized by the Chicago Cubs and costs $5.00 per person, roundtrip (sorry, no one-way fares). It is operated by Chicago Trolley Company.

Old Water Tower is about a 2 block walk from the Sofitel