We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Male heaven with luxury cars

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Simpsonville, South...
Level Contributor
31 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Male heaven with luxury cars

I know this is not a typical attraction, but....while on a family vacation in Chicago, we stayed around the Water Tower. My 18 year old son found the Bentley Gold Coast exotic car dealership at 834 N. Rush. He and I spent FOREVER there while he looked over all the cars inside and out. I had to take pictures of him beside most of them so he could send them to his friends. (Look at my new car, man...) The staff there didn't seem to mind as long as he didn't drool on the cars. He talked more about his 2 visits there than most of the "normal" Chicago attractions he visited. Go figure!!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Male heaven with luxury cars

Perrillo always parks Maseratis, Bentleys, Buggatis and Lamboughinis on the street around the dealership so that people will walk by, ogle and take pictures. They leave the Rolls Royces inside.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Male heaven with luxury cars

next time, if he wants to expand his horizons a bit, and you don't mind driving out of the city:

http://volocars.com/

i would think an 18 year old would be more interested in hot rods, classic muscle cars and the like.....at least that's how it was when i was growing up, but what do i know;-)

anyway, i'm sure he'll get to see some classic luxury cars there....

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Male heaven with luxury cars

Come back in February and take him to the Auto Show. He'll love the concept cars.

Simpsonville, South...
Level Contributor
31 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Male heaven with luxury cars

Well, being from the South, lifted trucks are his big thing. But he can appreciate anything with a bunch of 0000 after the $ sign. Loud is also good.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Male heaven with luxury cars

lifted trucks and loud----next time, come during the summer and take a side trip here:

duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_silver_lake.htm

it's an ORV mecca of the midwest and only 4.5 hours north east out of chicago....

there are outfitters in the area that rent jeeps, sand rails etc....

Edited: 02 July 2012, 20:23
6. Re: Male heaven with luxury cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 10:16