We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel: Public or James

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel: Public or James

Need some assistance picking. We are late 30's and on our 10th wedding annivesary.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,263 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel: Public or James

Do you want a calm tree shaded neighborhood environment within walking distance of upscale dining (Public) or Tourist Central within walking distance of The Rain Forest Cafe (The James) ?

2. Re: Hotel: Public or James

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 July 2012, 00:35
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
637 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel: Public or James

There is nothing at all wrong with the James Hotel and it has a great restaurant David Burke's Primehouse. Most of the area of the Mag Mile is tourist central. Rush Street, neighboring the James, is not just tourists and it too has plenty of good restaurants. Either hotel is good.

ZB

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel: Public or James

James hotel is pretty good like zabriskibound said great restaurant. you can compare room rates of both palces at goo.gl/Q6FiE

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel: Public or James

I stayed at the James recently and loved it!! great location and heck, I'm a tourist so love things touristy!! Beautiful hotel and I got a steal!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
936 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel: Public or James

Public is such an awesome hotel, and a true piece of Chicago history, James is a cool boutiquey hotel that is similar to many other cool boutiquey hotels in other large cities. I would def go for Public.

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,096 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel: Public or James

Yes, agree with Berechr, the Public is a true piece of history so, all things being equal, I would go with Public. However, James is very stylish, blonde and bamboo type of place, beautiful people drinking in the lobby last time I was there....

8. Re: Hotel: Public or James

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 07:16