Our family of 5 (kids 14, 10, and 6) will be visiting Chicago next week, From August 9 - August 12. We are staying at the Wyndham Blake. I have worked up an itinerary, and I would greatly appreciate any input you might have to share! Thanks for taking the time to look at this! :) We have already purchased 3 day CTA passes.
Thursday, August 9
• 2 -5 PM – Arrive Chicago by Amtrak
o Take Bus to Hotel (Blake)
• Check out Millennium Park (Splash fountain)
• Lou Malnati's Pizzeria - South Loop - 805 S. State Street, Chicago, IL 60605
• Family Fun Nights
Thursdays, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
June 14, 21, 28
July 5, 12, 19, 26
August 2, 9
Back again this summer for an exclusive Thursday night engagement, the Radio Disney Road Crew keeps the party going. Contests, prizes, music and fun are the hallmarks of this crowd favorite.
PLUS! Save with special Buy One Get One offers on the Ferris wheel and Wave Swinger on Thursdays only. Present the coupons at the ticket booth.
Click here for the Ferris Wheel coupon
Click here for the Wave Swinger coupon
Friday, August 10
• Museum of Science and Industry (Open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
• Dinner at Ed Debevic's or Exchequer Restaurant & Pub
• Cirque Shaghai? (thought we already bought tickets to this)
• Millenium Park? (aren’t we going there later?)
• Million Dollar Quartet? (Too much to spend)
Saturday, August 11
• Chicago Art Institute?
• 11 AM - Signature Restaurant (lunch)
• Magnificent Mile
• 3pm bike tour
• 4 pm Tea at American Girl (Mom and Allie)
• Navy Pier
• Dinner at Portillo’s?
• 9:15 PM - Board Boat at Navy Pier
Sunday, August 12
• Pick up car and leave Chicago
• Stay at MicroTel in Holland