We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Terminal 5

Monee
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Terminal 5

The last time I flew out of terminal 5 at O'Hare, there was not a decent place to eat. Hopefully, that has changed and there will be a choice where I can meet my travel companions for lunch. Is anyone aware of any changes in restaurants in Terminal 5?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Terminal 5

Sorry. It completely sucks. Your ownly choice is to take the train over to terminal one.

ZB

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Terminal 5

Nope, still sucks. Once you get past security there is nothing. Before security there is a small food court where I usually eat McDonald's since there is nothing else worth eating (and I don't ever eat at McDonald's). If I have time I stop at Potbelly's on Mannheim or along the way before I get to the airport.

Can you get to the restaurants in T1 if you don't have a boarding pass for a flight that goes out of T1? I thought all the restaurants were on the other side of security and since T5 is not physically connected that you couldn't get to any of them (ie you can walk betwen 1, 2 and 3 after security but not 5).

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Terminal 5

oops, I think you are right! Need to go through security again and need a boarding pass! Sorry.

ZB

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
412 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Terminal 5

Hit up the Hilton and have lunch there if you have enough time.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Get off at Terminal 2 via the ATS, no need to go through security.

Progress is slowly being made to bring this Terminal up to current times. The new duty free should be opening up next week.

Monee
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Terminal 5

Thanks everyone for your comments. Guess it might be McDonalds!

6. Re: Restaurants in Terminal 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 03:15