We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy the guide book in town?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy the guide book in town?

Whenever we go to a large city, we have been buying the Moleskine city guide book (has fold up/out maps, bus and subway lines). It is our bible - I map out where we are going and plot possible drink/food spots on there so when we are in a neighborhood, it's all right there. Because we are coming so last minute, I couldn't order one online. Anyone know where I could pick one up when we get there. My hubby will pull up and I can run in to get it.

On another note, any CVS or Walgreen on Mag Mile? Are they pricier than outskirts?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,638 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy the guide book in town?

Can't answer about Moleskine books but Walgreens and CVS have city maps containing the info you note. They are 4 Walgreens on Mich Ave tourist area plus 6 more in the 60611 zip code. There are 5 CVS in the same area. Can't tell about the prices as I never shop in the 'burbs. Tax is a bit higher in the city.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
936 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy the guide book in town?

I would call Utrecht Art Supply Store on Wabash or the Barnes and Noble near state and division.

3. Re: Where can I buy the guide book in town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 04:17