We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
893 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

We are coming downtown next month for a show at the Cadillac Palace. Before the show we'd like to do some shopping on Michigan Ave and maybe walk around Millennium Park. Which parking garage would be a good central location? We'd prefer not to have to walk more than a few blocks to get to and from the parking garage.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

Check the "parking answers" sticky. There are maps of the area garages in the area in the interactive links. Unfortunately The Palace Theatre is the furthest from Michigan Ave along Randolph St. so wear walking shoes.

Edited: 16 October 2012, 14:50
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,475 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

http://www.millenniumgarages.com/ would be best. Catch a bus along Michigan Ave to shop. About a 10-15 minute walk from the garage to Cadillac Palace.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

Are you coming on a weekday or weekend? There's a rather cheap garage a block or so away from the Palace (180 N. Franklin) that we've parked at but during the week it won't be cheap. It shows as $10 all day on a Saturday and then you will be close to the garage when you are getting ready to leave for the evening.

Here's a good parking resource

http://chicago.bestparking.com/#

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
893 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

Thank you for the links! I'll take a look at them.

I always make the mistake of looking at the map and thinking things aren't that far of a walk.....then when we arrive in the city, everything seems farther away than I envisioned. So I was hoping to avoid that mistake this time.

LoveChicago.....it is a weekday we are coming.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

Usually no parking bargains during the week, not during the day anyway. Use the link below and see if you can find any reasonable fees for the time you'll be there, chances are if you arrive before 3pm that you'll be paying $25-30 no matter where you park, I'd still park closer to the theater so that you are ready to leave after the show. If you're going to walk, you'll want to do in the warmer daylight hours

http://chicago.bestparking.com/

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
893 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

Okay now that I've researched a bit more, I think we're just going to wander around Millennium Park and then maybe check out some shopping on State St (Macy's etc).....and not venture up towards Michigan Ave. The show we're seeing is a matinee so we really just have about 3-4 hours before the show to grab some lunch and walk around. After the show, we'd be heading back home. With that in mind, I think I'll look at the parking sites that were posted and pick something close to the theatre.

7. Re: Central location parking for Cadillac Palace & Michigan Ave?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:17