We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Help!

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomodation Help!

Hi,

Looking for nice clean comfortable accomodation for a couple near Soldier field please that doesn't cost a fortune please. If you have any recommendations for first time tourists who would like to see attractions, shop, relax & eat that would be fantastic. Is this the best place. We won't have a car.

Thank you,

Penny :)

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Help!

Chicago hotel price fluctuate a great deal due to conventions and seasons. If you want specific recommendations, we need specific dates. Why do you want to be near Soldier Field? RIver North and the Mag Mile (North Michigan Avenue area) are the most popular choices for tourists. Check the mapping feature at a discount hotel site.

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Help!

Hi ther,

Hope to be there in summer which will be expensive. In Chicago the main things I would like to see Hancock tower, field museum, shopping on mag mile. If I can find nice reasonable accomodation (not hostel) convenient to these that would be great. I know there's a lot to see and do but we have a packed intenary.

Thanks do much for your help, very much appreciated.

Penny :)

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,808 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Help!

SF is a bit out of the way from a visitor's perspective. You can easily reach the museum campus(Field Museum) from the Mag Mile and River North area via CTA bus or taxi.

Play with your proposed dates using www.hotels.com or similar site and see what's available within your budget.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,355 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation Help!

No, it is not the best place. You want to look at River North / "Magnificent Mile" and the Loop. Forget Soldier Field as a starting point.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation Help!

Check out DeWitt Place on booking.com. The small kitchen will help you save on meals, and the location can't be beat. You can walk to the beach as well as Michigan Avenue for shopping and a bus to the museums.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,248 posts
643 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation Help!

Absolutely agree with Shallow. There is very good public transportation downtown. You should find the best hotel deal you can on a site like HRS.com and try to stay north of the river and as close to Michigan Ave. as you can.

ZB

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation Help!

Hi,

Thanks ever so much for pointing us in the correct direction. I spent awhile looking up the area again last night and following your recommendations I have a much clearer idea now. Yes Dewitt place looks good, central too so will probably book that. Thanks very much again. Happy New Year to you all. :)

8. Re: Accomodation Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:17