We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with seating at Cellular Field please?

Ohio
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Help with seating at Cellular Field please?

I am planning to buy tickets as a surprise for my husband but am having a hard time choosing decent seats. I don't want to haul him all the way to Chicago, spend too much money and end up with lousy seats and the trip being a bust so I could really use some help from someone who knows the stadium. Right now, the best seats I can find are at the club level in section 316. I am wondering if this is a decent view and also if it would be better to be in the front of the section or toward the back? There are seats available in rows 2 and 3 but I am wondering if we will be looking through a bunch of bars at the front ? Any advice would be very very much appreciated! Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with seating at Cellular Field please?

The club level seats are good seats and you would not be looking through bars in the front of the section. That section is about half-way down the right field line. If you could find box seats closer to first base (or on the other side, near third base) that would be better, IMO. But it's a matter of preference.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,748 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with seating at Cellular Field please?

The seats in the lower deck, like the club level ones, are fine. Like any park, the closer you are to home plate, the better the view.

I'd recommend avoiding the upper deck if you can. It's pretty steep and you're pretty far from the field compared to other parks. I'd prefer a lower deck seat down the line, like the ones you mentioned, to an upper deck seat closer to home plate at US Cell.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with seating at Cellular Field please?

The club level seats come with amenities like different food, a full bar in the left field corner and an inside area with TV's and couches, a godsend in cold or hot weather. No viewing issues from rows 2 and 3.

The sections behind the plate are basically 31, 33 and 35, more or less.

You don't say when you are coming but the 1st base line is nice for day games in summer because it is the first area to be in the shade. Conversely for a day game in April I think the 3rd base line might be better as it will be in the sun.

Edited: 22 February 2013, 01:36
4. Re: Help with seating at Cellular Field please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:17