We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of two hotels?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Topic
Which of two hotels?

We are considering booking at either the Hampton or Homewood suites downtown. I really want the kids to have access to a pool so they have something to do in the evenings. I also like the idea of free breakfast. I would like to do some cooking in our room to save $ on eating out. Do you know if either of these locations is near some sort of grocery store? Also, is one of these preferable over the other? How about the overall location of each? The Hampton gets better reviews and looks a little nicer, but the Homewood has better kitchenette amenities. Thanks so much!

Edited: 20 March 2013, 02:31
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,779 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of two hotels?

Both hotels are well located and have supermarket options within walking distance.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,345 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of two hotels?

Personally, I stay at Homewood (a Hilton brand) when I visit family in California. They do seem to have a better kitchenette than other suites hotels I've stayed at. Both hotels here in Chicago are a couple of blocks away from a very large Jewel Grocery Store and Trader Joe's, and a Whole Foods. The Homewood on Grand and The Hampton is on Illinois St. are one block away from each other.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of two hotels?

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of two hotels?

The Homewood also has a grocery shopping service where they will pick up whatever you need and just add it to your bill. Both of these properties are Hilton brands and both are run by the same management company. Homewood's rooms are larger but Hampton did a nice remodel much more recently. They are located about 3 blocks from each other and in the River North Area. You didn't mention when you were going but the Hampton has a nice outdoor patio off of their pool while the Homewood has fantastic views from their pool.

5. Re: Which of two hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15