We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicked-worth the $$?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wicked-worth the $$?

I think I have my hubby on board. Best prices I've found for Sat at 2PM on August 12th are about 95.00 each with all the charges.

Worth it? I saw the trailer online and it looks cool.

Also, about how far is the theatre from the Tremont HoteL?

Thanks in advance!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

We saw Wicked when it was in Toronto before the show moved on to Chicago, it was truly amazing! I know that the leads have changed but I would recommend going. We liked the show so much that we're flying to Chicago at the end of the month for a weekend to see it again.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

I'd say it is absolutely worth it! It is a great show -- you will want to see it again!

Tremont Hotel is probably 2 miles north of the Theatre. The Chicago + State red line el is a short walk (2-3 blocks) from the Tremont. Take the el south (follow 95th signs to stairs to platform) and it is just a couple of stops (the Lake and Washington stops are both very close to the theatre.

Level Contributor
790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

I just saw Wicked in Detroit (touring show), and am now trying to figure out how and when I can see it again. It was fabulous! My husband enjoyed. He didn't come away quite as in love with it as me, but he definitely liked it.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

Sold!

I just bought tix for 153.00 total for the Sat matinee. Balcony, row F-seats 380 and 382-don't look too bad for the $$

Chicago, IL
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

I saw it last year and was knocked out. I've been to many Chicago productions and have seen lots of musicals on Broadway in NYC, and I can tell you this is well worth the money.

I took my mother-in-law for Mother's Day and she said she never saw a staged production so good.

It's a little long however, about three hours. The Tremont is a taxi ride or bus ride away, not walking distance. But the Tremont is in a cool neighborhood and is a wonderful little hotel.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

I also googled some reviews, and must say I'm really looking forward to this. Is there a great spot to eat an early dinner, or maybe just cocktails and appetizers near the Theatre?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

Nick's fish market is great in the bar area for a really nice appetizer place and drinks, here is their site www.nicksfishmarketchicago.com/grill_menu.cfm

Make sure you stay upstairs in the bar area, as downstairs is the restaurant. Really pricey down there.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

Its awesome. If you can pick up the CD for the music, you will really enjoy hearing it ahead of time. Very well written. I understand the book has alot more details if your REALLY into the story.

9. Re: Wicked-worth the $$?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 00:17