We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanley Cup Parade

Bethalto IL
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stanley Cup Parade

We are coming in Thursday and staying on Michigan Ave, planned on shopping all day Friday on the Mile, is this going to even be possible?? Also we are heading South on 55 back to St Louis Friday afternoon, what is the suggested time we leave to avoid sitting in hours of traffic. I mean I expect some traffic but don't want to hit peak time??

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53,440 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stanley Cup Parade

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k661874…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stanley Cup Parade

Mag mile will not be affected. Perhaps a bit of spill- over from south of the river. Traffic begins at 3:30 and lasts until 6:30 every weekday, Blackhawks or no Blackhawks. Since you're only planning on one day, leave after an early dinner.

Why don't you take Amtrak? Let them do the driving.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,826 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stanley Cup Parade

Traffic will be a nightmare friday, take the train

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53,440 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stanley Cup Parade

Blackhawks parade to run from United Center to Grant Park Friday - chicagotribune.com/news/…6481652.story

Mentioned in this post
United Center
United Center
1,258 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Grant Park
Grant Park
795 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Chi Town
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stanley Cup Parade

It will be a complete mess. I am downtown every Friday and Saturday and will not go near the place. Use Public trans.....

6. Re: Stanley Cup Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 05:18