We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend

Hi There,

Staying in Chicago with 6 friends (mid twenties) for a weekend away Oct 25-28. I have been to Chicago and have stayed at the Hard Rock. I enjoyed my stay there and the location, but the rates for that weekend are in the mid $ 300s. Thinking of trying to find another hotel in Chicago for maybe mid $200s a night. Needs to be a good location to bars and resturants, hopefully able to walk there. Not sure if I should try the W Lake Shore Drive or the Westin Michigan Ave. Our group likes to go out and have fun so we don't want to stay anywhere too stuffy, but definitely would like clean and decent rooms. Any input would be great!

Chicago Architecture River Cruise
2,434 reviews
from US$43.68*
Chicago Crime and Mob Bus Tour
398 reviews
from US$37.95*
Skydeck Chicago Admission
580 reviews
from US$24.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
166 reviews
from US$75.00*
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,083 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend

Play with your dates using www.hotels.com or similar site and see what works within your budget. I don't see any large conventions here during your dates.

Mag Mile or River North hotels are best from a visitor's perspective. Many properties to choose from.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend

W Lake Shore and Westin Michigan Avenue are not where you want to be. Concentrate on the hotels between Michigan Avenue and Wells Street, Chicago Avenue to the river (or very near there). That will put you within staggering distance of the popular bars for mid-twenty year olds.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend

There is a brand new Hyatt Place Chicago/River NorthChicago/River North at 66 W Illinois St available at $199 a night with free breakfast on hotels.com. That would be a great location for you, and its very stylish.

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend

Sounds promising!! Any other ideas? Preferably hotels with a view ( nice city or water)?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,083 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend

Renaissance on Wacker Dr. - great river views. Same for the Westin River North.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
653 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend

Forget the view. Really limits you. Go for location and room quality! Above recommendations on location are right on.

ZB

7. Re: Girls Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:17