We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium seats at Second City worth it?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Premium seats at Second City worth it?

I searched the forum and can't find anything about these. Are they worth it? I can't tell from their site where they are in the theater.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium seats at Second City worth it?

"The Second City now offers PREMIUM SEATING for all our shows. Premium Seats are The Second City’s closest version to Box Seats! Elevated and comfy! We guarantee the best seats in the house.

"http://www.secondcity.com/faq/#60

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium seats at Second City worth it?

Ya...that's what I read too, but what does "..best seats in the house.." mean? Has anyone bought these?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium seats at Second City worth it?

Tons of reviews here - www.yelp.com/biz/the-second-city-chicago

Peoria AZ
Level Contributor
41 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium seats at Second City worth it?

My adult children had tickets to a Second City show in July, They arrived about an hour early, and were in the front. I've got tickets for September, and decided against the premium seating.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premium seats at Second City worth it?

This won't answer your question, but it reminded me of a show that we saw at Second CIty last year. They did a skit about the one percent, and the cast selected someone from the audience to be "the one percent." They gave this person and their group special seating in an alcove above the rest of the seats, gave them free food and drinks, and showered them with attention. Later on, there was a skit where the cast selected two people from the audience to run for office. They asked these two individuals questions, and then had "commercials" about why the rest of the audience should vote for each. It was hilarious! We voted, but it didn't matter. They asked the "one percenter" and that person decided the winner : (

6. Re: Premium seats at Second City worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18