We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel

And yes, I have looked at the Top Questions. Looking to visit in late April, 25th anniversary trip.

Want to stay in the downtown loop area. Looking at say the top 15 or so hotels as they are ranked on Trip Advisor, is there any one that stands out? Trump?

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel

The Trump or the Langham are the 5-star hotels closest to the Loop. However, high-quality hotels like the Waldorf, Four Seasons and Peninsula are less than a mile north of the river.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel

I have stayed in all the luxury hotels in Chicago and here are my impressions in order of favorites

Tied for 1st - Trump and Waldorf

Trump is big and glitzy with giant rooms tall ceilings and great views. 16 is a great restaurant and I am friends with the bartender at Rebar so it usually gets the nod over the Waldorf. Service is outstanding

Waldorf - Beautiful quiet hotels with large rooms with a fireplace and most with balconies. Very comfortable and more traditional than the Trump. You receive and can use Hilton points which is a big plus. Great bar. No tipping too

Peninsula - Beautiful hotel with large rooms tends to be a little more expensive and seems a little old and snobby to me. Lobby restaurant is excellent

Ritz Carlton (owned by 4 seasons) - No RC/Marriott points is bad but the hotel is great with some great views from the suites on the upper floors. Bad bar and food options in hotel

Park Hyatt - Great location feels crowded and some of the rooms especially those with a connecting door and on the lower level are noisy as there is a fire station very close. NoMi is an excellent restaurant and it has a good outdoor bar although it gets very crowded.

Four Seasons - Nice hotel nothing really stands out like the above but it is a four seasons so it is very nice. No rewards program.

The Langham - TBD

3. Re: Help with hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:18