We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall color this week

chicago
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
fall color this week

anywhere good to go this week within 3 hours of downtown?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fall color this week

We were in Ann Arbor/Jackson this weekend and very little color change, however Jackson is across not up. This might help for MI, maybe you'd have more luck going up the shore line into say Holland

http://www.michigan.org/fall/

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fall color this week

Sorry, no help for a specific 3-hour spot. I can tell you it is absolutely gorgeous up here - as we sit out at lakeside just before eating. But re following the lakeshore - I'm pretty sure you need to go more inland, no?

chicago
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fall color this week

Did you go to Saugatuck yet?

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fall color this week

No, we decided there were too many cool things/day trips to do up here rather than get a similar experience down there. BUT - We just now returned from a day trip to ARTRapids - Very, very fine and highly recommended! It is now on our yearly to-do list. What an impressive day and display of talent! And...the colors were still a bit muted overall, but very vivid in spots. Lots of sunshine and traveling inland (as I said above), so I think that helped a lot. That's just at the outer edge of your 3 hours, I think, but it was fun! If you haven't been, msm, I'd really consider it. Oct. 6 is the final day....

chicago
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fall color this week

Thanks, I've heard good things about it

We are just going to wait a week or so and see if the leaves turn

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: fall color this week

I am currently in the Grand Rapids/Holland area. Some yellow but really not much change yet.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: fall color this week

All right I just returned from Grand Rapids/Holland area. Some reds now starting to show up north if about South Haven, but still not that much color yet.

Artprize is worth the trip to Grand Rapids though, and ends this weekend.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,201 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fall color this week

colors just starting to change in the northshore and into wisc... still many areas are either pale green, or muted....

9. Re: fall color this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:18