We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do today in the rain

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
things to do today in the rain

Friends here from amsterdam and everything on our list is outdoors, any ideas?

Book of Mormon is sold out and they have been to art institute

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do today in the rain

Well, I feel kind of silly suggesting ideas to someone who lives in Chicago, but - We never stay without seeing what's offered at the Cultural Center. The architecture alone is worth the visit. Same for the Conservatory near the zoo. And there are so many other great museums - Is the AI really the only one they've already been to? And the Shedd! Check hottix for tonight's offerings? (That was still an option last time we were there). Lots of shopping choices - Music too. All in all though, it would have to be raining really hard for us not to go out walking if that's what we're set on doing. Umbrellas are just a part of life in the city, and there are always sooo many places to duck into and look around. Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,254 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do today in the rain

The last two times I was in Amsterdam it rained. Hit the Mag Mile. They won't melt from store door to store door. Heck, 8 floors of Water Tower Mall keep my family busy for days. End up someplace for a little Jazz and a tiny triple (Pops for Champagne?)

chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do today in the rain

So far its Garfield park conservatory, book of Mormon lottery and second city as a back up

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,695 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do today in the rain

children's museum is free today. Stroll around Navy Pier. Or, are you one of the Navy Pier haters? I can't remember. Money Museum is fun. Take them up to Holland, Michigan. LOL.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do today in the rain

I'm not a navy pier hater :) we have membership to children's museum and go ALL of the time!

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,695 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do today in the rain

oh good--well then free doesn't matter to you. There are just some folks on this board who really beat up Navy Pier and I don't know why. It's everything a pier should be so why the hate who knows. Since you are posting, I guess you didn't win the BOM lottery....:(

chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do today in the rain

ive already seen it but they did not win, there were 300 people and only 10 won

they are going to paramount room instead : )

8. Re: things to do today in the rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:21