We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bayport, Minnesota
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

Suggestions for a shopping location with small boutique shops and lunch dining? Solo woman out for the day. Would prefer a neighborhood/area with lots of small shops and a nice place for lunch and a glass of wine. I'll be there in early November so I'm not looking for outdoor dining.

Thank you to whomever responds!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,465 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

http://www.wickerparkbucktown.com/

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

What price point do you consider Boutique shops? Oak St. has all the high end boutiques and fine dining. Hermes, Vera Wang, TODS, Escada, St. John's. Harry Winston...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
381 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

Definitely wicker Park. Damen Ave has some really cute shops you will enjoy and there are a lot of places to stop for something to eat or drink.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

If you do end up in wicker park, have your drink at the Violet Hour right near the Damen blue line stop. It's a very nice place and I think by the sound of your posts, you would enjoy having a drink there. Think chandeliers with velvet high back chairs and unique cocktails.

Bayport, Minnesota
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

Sounds lovely. It's now on my list!

Bayport, Minnesota
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

Thanks for the tip to Damen Ave. I was wondering where to start!

Bayport, Minnesota
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

I prefer funky, one-of-a kind shops that I can only find in this location as opposed to chains (even if they are high-end).

8. Re: Small boutique shops and nice lunch dining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:18