We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

I know there are a lot of posts about this but I'm not seeing any recent (past two years) that suggests any Park, Sleep, Fly hotels near O'Hare that specifically addresses some of my concerns.

We're headed to Mexico with 2 toddlers. We need a Park, Sleep, Fly near O'Hare with a reliable and fast shuttle--and when I say fast, I mean fast from the time you call to the time you get a pickup at the airport. We'll be coming in mid-evening and kids will likely be burned out from the 4 hour flight, so hanging around the airport for the shuttle would be really rough.

I'm checking the parksleepfly website but reviews for so many of the hotels so far complain about atrocious wait times for shuttles.

I'm not as concerned about a covered parking area since it will be early May. Obviously, it would be nice if the hotel was reasonably nice and if it has a breakfast, even better.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

I do this often and lately have been using the Hyatt Regency and the Hyatt Rosemont (2 different hotels so be sure you know which one you're in) and I've used Crowne Plaza and the Hampton and have no issues with any of them.

This website is what I generally use and if you notice they publish their wait times. All the shuttles pick up at the same place at O'Hare just be sure you get in the right one.

parksleepfly.com/…

I've also used this site with success www.buyreservations.com/…

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

I am sure some are better than the others but it is all really about timing. Unless they have multiple shuttles running if you just miss a shuttle you will be waiting. You can always take a cab if the cab line is not too long.

B.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 21:35
Flossmoor, Illinois
Level Contributor
233 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

I think the best you can do is choose the hotel that has the most frequent shuttles. Many of them don't stop at Terminal Five unless you call, and then they dispatch the next shuttle leaving from the shuttle center. I can't say I've ever had an atrocious wait, but 20 minutes feels like a long time when you're on your way home.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

Better than Park, Sleep, Fly is Drive, Fly, Drive.

O'Hare Personal Valet will meet you at the airport gate, drive your car to their off-site lot and meet you at the arrival gate when you return. We had a 6 AM flight and were met at the check-in gate at 4:30 AM. We left our coats in the car. The car was warm when we were picked up 10 days later. Total charge $153.00 plus tip.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

We have had great experiences with the Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare on Mannheim Road in Rosemont. Their shuttle runs every 30 minutes, however if you are flying in to the international terminal you will need to call and let them know you are there. The hotel is near lot F for the airport and is a very quick shuttle ride. They have covered parking and offer free breakfast.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

Hi bwalterb, just curious how you got 10 days for $153? The website says Valet is $53 a day. Am I not reading something correctly? Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

It's an offsite, private lot. Not the airport's official valet lot.

https://www.oharepersonalvalet.com

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

My guess is that you were not on oharepersonalvalet.com

I think it is under $9 per day and under $25 each for pick up and drop off.

We have booked again for March.

Great service.

Good luck.

10. Re: Park Sleep Fly, O'Hare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 16:05
Edited: 23 January 2015, 16:05