We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking train from O'hare to Downtown at midnight

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taking train from O'hare to Downtown at midnight

I am planning to take a train from O'hare airport to downtown at midnight. The hotel name Blackstone Renaissance Chicago Hotel.

This is the first time I am going to Chicago and I am not familiar with the train system. Is it safe to take a train around that time? I will have a carry on bag and a small backpack.

If it is safe to take a train, then what is the best way to go to the Blackstone Renaissance Chicago Hotel?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking train from O'hare to Downtown at midnight

CTA blue line train to Jackson. Cab from there to your hotel. www.transitchicago.com/airports

The train is generally safe. For added safety, ride in the front car with the train operator.

If you decide to take a cab from ORD, traffic won't be an issue. The fare will be around $50

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,422 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking train from O'hare to Downtown at midnight

I would just take a taxi at that hour.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking train from O'hare to Downtown at midnight

The train will not be a problem but it is not door-to-door service. At that time of night, in a strange city, you should take a taxi.

4. Re: Taking train from O'hare to Downtown at midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17