We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in the city

Buffalo
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around in the city

My boyfriend and I are flying into Chicago Midway airport and will be staying at the Ritz Carlton from August 8-12. I am just wondering what suggestions there are as to the best mode of transportation from the airport to the hotel and there after. Is it suggested to go the taxi route to travel around or public transportation?? We are also going to a baseball game at Wrigley Field during this trip....I would have to assume that any public transportation goes through this area but how close is that to the hotel I will be at (which is Gold Coast area from what I've seen)?? Thanks!

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around in the city

Wrigley Field is right off the Red Line at Addison. Midway airport connects with downtown via the Orange Line to the Loop (city center) followed by a transfer to the Red Line at Roosevelt or a quick cab ride from State and Lake. A cab all the way from Midway to the Ritz is about $40. You can get transit and walking directions easily on www.maps.google.com

Edited: 19 July 2014, 00:20
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,965 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around in the city

www.transitchicago.com/airports

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around in the city

once you get here, on one of the days, consider renting bikes and ride along the lakefront bike trail... it's the quickest, most efficient mode of travel along/near the lakefront....

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,055 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around in the city

From Midway take the Orange Line and get off at Clark/Lake and cab the rest of the way. Will save you about $30 instead of taking a cab the whole way. You definitely want to take the red line to Wrigley. Taking a cab will just have you sitting in traffic as you near the park. The red line has a stop in walking distance of the Ritz. Busses go up and down Michigan Avenue that you can take most anyplace you want to go in the city. Also, downtown is very compact and you can walk to many places.

5. Re: Getting around in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:17