We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blues and motown music

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
blues and motown music

Hi

My boyfriend and I are coming to Chicago in late September. We're in our mid 30s. We both love blues music so wronged if anyone had any recommendations. We're looking for places that aren't touristy but have genuine good quality blues music!

Also is there anywhere that you'd recommend for motown music, I'm a smokey Robinson fan!

Thanks!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,931 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blues and motown music

http://rosaslounge.com

www.chicagoreader.com - check the live music listings.

chicago
Level Contributor
387 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blues and motown music

B.L,U.E.S on Halsted, Blue Chicago, Legends, Kingston Mines , Rosa's and BLUES will probably the least touristy. Chess Records Museum at 2120 s. Michigan ave for blues history/facts.

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: blues and motown music

Touristy meaning there are tourists there? Well there are tourists everywhere in Chicago. Blue Chicago has good blues in a small intimate setting. Buddy Guy's Legends is a little larger and has good music plus Buddy himself might be at the bar and get up and sing a few.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: blues and motown music

Thanks everyone, that's brilliant!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,122 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: blues and motown music

Blues clubs are touristy.

6. Re: blues and motown music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18