We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ojai, California
Level Contributor
203 posts
252 reviews
Save Topic
ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

I'll be traveling to Chicago in September and need a car for a week. I intend to rent a car at Ohara Airport. I compared prices between the "biggies" and CarRental.com. The latter quotes prices for ACE & Payless at half the price of Hertz & Avis. I did Chicago forum searches for both companies but there is nothing recent of any value in the way of comments.

Does anyone have recent experience with either car rental company?

Thanks for the help!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,465 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

They are both smaller players here. Both are off site of ORD. Reviews in Yelp.

Check rates at Hotwire or Priceline. A car is a car.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

Type "Ace car rental" in the search engine. There's plenty there about the company. There's nothing about Payless.

If all else fails use the search engine,

Edited: 25 July 2014, 00:33
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

Sorry, I don't have any experience with either company.

However, my husband decided to go with Payless for an upcoming trip since their rates were significantly lower than other agencies. I read a lot of reviews, and told him cancel it. Some of the reviews are from one time posters, so I was suspicious of their validity, but many of the reviews seemed to be credible. I just didn't want to take the risk.

There are TA threads in the Las Vegas, Toronto, and Seattle forums for Payless.

Oro Valley, Arizona
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

I have used both ace and payless same location and they are great never have had a problem cars clean and shuttle is great, clean and nice and no walking for your car they bring it to you.

5. Re: ACE & Payless Rental Companies At ORD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 05:16