We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gluten free breakfast

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
gluten free breakfast

I'm seeing a lot of posts about gluten free pizza, but can't find any suggestions on good places for gluten free breakfast. We're staying at Swissotel over Labor Day weekend. It would be nice to find a place with interesting gluten free options so I don't have to eat eggs and fruit every single morning.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Chicago Architecture River Cruise
2,435 reviews
from US$43.68*
Chicago Crime and Mob Bus Tour
398 reviews
from US$37.95*
Skydeck Chicago Admission
580 reviews
from US$24.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
166 reviews
from US$75.00*
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,133 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gluten free breakfast

http://www.wildberrycafe.com/chicago.html

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gluten free breakfast

Thanks for the suggestion. There's a whopping 3 items listed as gluten free on the menu and they are salads which would be a bit odd for breakfast. At least I know it's close by and I could go there for a simple eggs and fruit breakfast.

I was hoping there's a place that might have the holy grail of gluten free breakfast such as gluten free breads, pastries, pancakes, etc? Sometimes, these places only exist in my dreams. :)

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,133 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gluten free breakfast

If you Google - Chicago Gluten Free Restaurant Bakery - you'll find tons of options.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gluten free breakfast

Dave148 - I know how to use google.

Does anyone have any firsthand reviews of good gluten free breakfast places? That's what tripadvisor is for.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,133 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gluten free breakfast

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=gluten+free+breakfast&find_loc=Chicago%2C+IL

…menupages.com/restaurants/…

Edited: 18 August 2014, 03:31
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gluten free breakfast

Well, Tweet has several gluten free things but they're pretty far up north by me in Andersonville. Probably not worth coming all the way up here, even if I think they do a great breakfast... but it's one breakfast place I've been to that has some gluten free stuff. My favorite breakfast place probably wouldn't be too gluten friendly.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gluten free breakfast

Schuyler P - Thanks for the recommendation. Their website looks very promising! I'll jot down the information. I need to visit someone in the suburbs while I'm out there, so I could possibly make this a stop on the way. I'll have to do some mapping.

Dave148 - I do appreciate your effort to continue to try to give me information, but it's not as useful as you might think. I don't know if you have to live on a gluten free diet, but those of us that do are usually already familiar with yelp, google, etc. This is a daily struggle we face and we're always researching. Yelp and Google are only marginally helpful. Call me cynical, but I'd rather hear nothing back from a query on tripadvisor than be told to use google or yelp. I've run into other TA forum regions, most recently Israel, that have pinned gluten free dining as a top question and it's been really helpful to hear from others by way of that venue. Specific things like someone telling us what their favorite item was, whether or not they got sick afterward, etc was really helpful. Since you have an expert designation, it might be worth while to consider making it a top question and encourage others to share specifics when they've found gluten free dining. If I happen upon something really good, I'll definitely come back to the forum to add the information later. Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gluten free breakfast

glutenfreebetsy.com/p/gf-chicago-restaurants…

This list looks recent

Take a look at the different options, and see if anything stikes you.

Then come back, tell us what you think may be interesting, then we can give you are opinions of them

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gluten free breakfast

Thanks for the link - I'll report back after Labor Day!

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: gluten free breakfast

I had a great experience at the Hyatt Regency last spring. I was able to add a gluten-free bagel (they use Udi's and you can have it delivered to your table still in the package) to the breakfast buffet, which was well-stocked with smoked fish, eggs, and fruit.

Also, take another look at the Wildberry menu that was recommended above. The omelets are gluten-free, and they have GF pancakes as well. I've eaten there a few times, and it's fantastic!

For brunch or an early lunch, Hannah's Bretzel has GF baguettes, and the staff will change gloves before making GF sandwiches.

Have a great trip!