We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Hi

My husband is having back surgery at Rush. Looking for a great hotel for a week after he is released near hospital .

The Marriot near Rush does not receive very good ratings. How far a cab ride to miracle mile?

Thanks

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,048 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Cab fare will be around $20 to the Mag Mile area.

Crowne Plaza Metro and Hotel Allegro are other options to consider.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Fyi it's Magnificent Mile here. I finally googled Miracle Mile as so many people have posted here on the forum using that term, it refers to many places in the US but certainly not Michigan Ave lol.

Good luck with the surgery. Will he be able to get out a little while you are here or is the hotel mainly for you?

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

What is your budget? That Marriott is the only one down there and it's probably fine, but it just serves the medical community. Do you need to stay near Rush for any reason? If your husband is pretty much just going to be laying in bed, I would consider the Renaissance Marriott on south Michigan. Be sure to book a room with a view of the lake and park. Nice to look at while he's in recovery. The hotel restaurant, mercat, is very good.

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Sorry for Miracle Mile reference ....

Hotel needs to be very quiet and comfortable . I would like to feel safe to walk / shop by myself for short amount of time , bring in lunch etc.

We have stayed at the Drake and Intercontinental in the past . Just was looking for something closer to Rush if

there was any problems surgery . Not a fan of driving around city!

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Oh, please, don't be sorry for the MIracle Mile reference - you are hardly the first one to do that. I just wanted you to be aware that it's the Magnificent Mile, as if you stopped somebody on the street to ask directions to the MIracle Mile you might get some very puzzled looks lol.

There really isn't shopping around Rush, if you are looking to take short strolls while he recovers, so I would look in some of the downtown/near north areas.

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

Thanks ! I will check out both properties

8. Re: Hotel close to Rush Orthopedic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15